YPG Update from CapRock’s Taylor Arnett
By Taylor Arnett | NAIOP
March 1, 2017
The YPG Program continues to raise the bar in its accomplishments and this past year was no exception. I am proud to say that in 2016-2017, the YPG Program accomplished the following:
- Founded the Alumni Speaker Series Program which boosted alumni committee meeting participation and provided continuing education opportunities for alumni. In 2016 we were fortunate enough to have the following speakers: FivePoint Communities Chairman & CEO Emile Haddad, Savills Studley Chief Economist Heidi Learner, and American Healthcare Advisors Founding Principal Jeff Hanson.
- Made an impact in the Community through our “Big for a Day” mentoring experience at Knott’s Berry Farm in the Fall of 2016, bringing 30 volunteers to mentor children through Big Brothers Big Sisters of OC. In February 2017, we had 25 YPG-affiliated volunteers mentor Working Wardrobe clients on job searching and interviewing techniques.
- Teamed up with CREW (Commercial Real Estate Women) for a 125+ person joint mixer on the roof deck at one of OC’s most iconic buildings.
- Continued the Y Games tradition with 200+ attendees, selling out tickets weeks before the event. The 2016 Y Games honored the 2016 Olympics with a “Go for Gold” theme.
- Set a new record by fundraising from 20+ sponsor companies, increasing total sponsorship by more than 35% over the previous record-setting year!
- Partied like it was 1987 with our New Year’s “80’s Theme” Kickoff Party at the Wayfarer Bar in Costa Mesa. For the 2nd year in a row, one of our YPG Alumni jumped on stage to sing with the live band!
- Partnered with the Irvine Company for the YPG Case Competition where YPG teams will present competing plans for the development of a prime land site in Irvine bordering two major highways.
- Recruited and selected the 13th YPG Class which is already one of the most diverse and accomplished classes to date.
Perhaps the biggest news coming out of this year is the planning of the inaugural NAIOP SoCal YPG Leadership Summit that will take place in April 2017. We envision the Leadership Summit to be an annual conference that will differ from any other real estate conference. TheSummit will parallel the lessons we all learned in the YPG program, focusing on leadership and out-of-the-box thinking. The event will be headlined by world-famous surfer and waterman Laird Hamilton. It will also include YPG Alumni who have broken the mold and started their own companies, as well as other leaders throughout different disciplines who have incredible stories to tell.
We have accomplished great things and continue to raise the bar; however, none of this would have happened without the continue support from our sponsors. In addition to all YPG sponsors, I’d like to especially recognize our Platinum and Gold Sponsors: LBA, CapRock Partners, Hines, KPRS, NGKF Capital Markets, Panattoni and Sunwest Bank. Finally, I’d like to thank Cynthia Fusco and her team at CGF Associates, as well as the volunteers on the YPG Alumni Committee who rolled up their sleeves and did an amazing job throughout the year. I look forward to seeing what the future YPG leadership has in store and how they will continue to push the boundaries like we did this year!
YPG Alumni Chair
Read at NAIOPSoCal.org >>
Comments are closed