*Note – Positions are Full-time and Non-remote
Who are we?
CapRock is one of the leading industrial investors and developers in the Western United States. We specialize in acquiring middle‐ market value‐add industrial properties, generally between $20M‐$50M per acquisition and large‐scale Class A logistics developments in California, Arizona, and Nevada. Since 2009, we have acquired, developed, or have in our pipeline more than 20,000,000 square feet of industrial real estate.
What do we do?
Do you have a fun, fast‐paced, creative problem‐solving, get‐it‐done mindset of an entrepreneur? Do you take pride in your work striving for the highest levels of quality and excellence, but don’t take yourself too seriously? If so, you’ll love being on our team. Our goal as a company is to provide our investors institutional quality with an entrepreneurial spirit. That goal extends to our finance and accounting team as we strive to deliver best‐in‐class high‐quality reporting and analysis for investors, external counterparties, regulators, and management decision making. Our team works with the Company’s teams as a business partner rather than a back‐ office function.
What do we value?
We take our values seriously, do these values inspire you? If so, you’ll love working here:
- PEOPLE before projects
- Strive for EXCELLENCE
- FIDUCIARY responsibility is a sacred trust
- INTEGRITY always
- BLESSED to be a blessing
- Industrial real estate is a TEAM SPORT
- NO is not an answer
As the Project Accountant, Construction, you are responsible for end‐to‐end accounting related to several development projects under construction. You will interact daily with the Development Managers and Asset Managers to help make the project a success. You will be the primary point of contact for the processing of all payment applications with general contractors. Additionally, you coordinate the loan draw process between our internal departments to make sure capital flows into the project regularly. A primary focus of this role will be to get general contractors and other key vendors paid quickly in order to keep the project moving forward. You will be responsible for additional ad hoc reporting and analysis, e.g. cash management and liquidity analysis, and assist with, forecast to actuals analysis, etc.
Essential Job Functions
- Handle and process all aspects of construction payables, including coding and maintenance of the job cost chart of accounts.
- Review of the general contractor G702/G703 / contractor’s buyout (ensure that it ties to the AIA), line‐item changes (budgetreallocation)/ use of contingency.
- Monthly lender package submission (loan draws and/or capital calls).
- Provide excellent customer service to external and internal teams.
- Special project requests (during construction loan closings) as needed
- New Vendors set up and correspondence with vendors and respond to inquiries.
- Monthly review of job cost activity ensuring consistent and proper coding
- Maintenance of the lien releases for the general contractor and subs.
- Preparation of monthly development fees and other project reimbursements.
- Preparation of monthly bank reconciliations, journal entries, balance sheets, and income statements.
- Research and resolve invoice discrepancies and issues.
What do you need to succeed?
- 2-5 yrs of construction / development accounting experience
- Associates’ degree (B.A.) or equivalent
- Mastery of Yardi general ledger accounting software including the Job Cost module, Construction Management, and PayScan
- Strong analytical and critical‐thinking skills
- Experience in the real estate industry
- 100% employer‐paid medical PPO, dental, and vision coverage
- 15 days PTO, 10 paid holidays